Tucked against the Charlotte County coast just north of Boca Grande, Palm Island’s beaches harken back to decades past before bridges brought volumes of beachgoers to the region’s soft, white sand beaches.
Snowy and Wilson’s Plovers ghost across the sand followed by their wispy chicks, and Least Terns and Skimmers ply the warm, calm Gulf of Mexico, putting on a show while snapping up this coast’s abundant fish. By day, Reddish Egrets dance their manic reel in inches deep water in search of prey; by the light of the stars, sea turtles leave the water and their grace behind to lumber high on the beach to lay their eggs.
Whether you are an avid birder, photographer or simply a celebrant of nature’s miracles, Palm Island is an oasis of peace and abundance, a window to Florida’s past.
A special day package is available for local residents and chapter members. Click here for more information on pricing and packages.
- Friday Night Dessert Reception (cash bar)
- Saturday morning guided bird and beach walk
- Saturday photography and birding workshops
- Saturday evening dinner, speaker and silent auction
- Self-guided adventures on Sunday using Audubon Florida tips to nearby birding sites
- Luxury accommodations to fit any size group
- Optional kayaking, boat and bicycle tours
To reserve your perfect Coastal Getaway package, call Palm Island Resort at (800) 824-5412 or (941) 697-4800.
For more information on other Audubon Events, Contact Margaret Hankinson Spontak, Audubon Florida Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-229-2887.
See you on the getaway!